Monday, May 03, 2010

Me Made May 1

During our cold snap a couple of weeks ago, I wore my own knitted creations three days in a row. Once I was on a roll, I decided to see how long I could keep it up. I've been wearing something that I knit, sewed or dyed every day since then.  This morning, Iris even joined in and wore both a top and skirt that I sewed for her!

That makes me an ideal candidate for Me-Made-May. The great thing about Me-Made-May is that we get to define our own rules for success.  I don't have any desire to make everything I wear.  But, I will challenge myself to wear something that I made or refashioned every day through May.  I did my semi-annual closet purge and inventory last weekend.  There were so many lovely things that I want to enjoy more often.

I don't have the time and energy to post every day, but I will try to post weekly through May, usually on the weekend. This is what I wore on May 1. You will have to wait to read the review of the jacket pattern. A free gift for the first person to guess the pattern! Leave a comment with your guess.
If you are new to this blog, you can see some of the things I have
See what others are wearing in the Me-Made-May Flickr group.

2 comments:

  1. I like those pieces together. I didn't join me-made because I am eliminating faster than I am making or even re-making but after I looked at your photo I realized I have worn something I made every day this month. Granted that is only 4 days and today I am wearing hand-knit socks which no one sees, but still. I think I'll see how long I can do this, just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooh I do like this outfit.

    I don't seem to make clothes any more lack of fabric stores here in UK is the main problem

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.