Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Year of the Dragon

In the last flurry of nesting activity before giving birth, I went a little crazy buying dragon fabric at the Cotton Shop in 2000. I used a leftover scrap of pink dragons for the outside yoke of Simplicity 2689. The body and yoke facing were from two preconsumer waste bits bought at SAS Fabrics.

I still have a two pieces of dragon fabric left to sew up*. If I do finish them, I will buy more before the dragon fabrics are retired for another 12 years.

* One's destined to become a dress and the other a pillow or vest. It shouldn't be too hard to finish those.

3 comments:

  1. My son LOVES Chinese dragons--good tip to look now while they might be around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HappY Year of the dragon! I like the subtle touch of the print here.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.