Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Summit

I'm up in Summit County, Colorado, for a meeting. Yesterday, I arrived later than I had hoped and only had time for a short 30 minute ride. This evening, I was free to bike from Copper Mountain to Vail Pass. It's only 6 miles, but quite steep in places.

I'm a sucker for wild irises, hence my daughter's name.
A colleague told me to be on the lookout for a beaver dam. I wonder if that is how Beaver Creek got its name?
I wasn't sure if this was the summit.
But it turns out there was a higher spot.
A commemorative plaque explaining how Vail pass got its name.
I went beyond the pass because I heard there was a pretty lake on the other side.
A Colorado native told me that she left and returned because Colorado is for sky people. Los Angeles has its charms, but big skies is not one of them.

1 comment:

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.