Saturday, August 09, 2014

Simple and Done

In the afterglow of my two recent and successful bathmats, I caught Absorba fever. I cast on immediately for a wool doormat. Wool is not as absorbent as cotton (but repels dirt). I thought it would be fun to do stripes instead of a log cabin. So, this rug is Not So Absorba.

I had a bit of a brain fart and forgot to multiply gauge and desired size. I cast on 180 stitches with 2 strands of Fisherman’s Wool on a 5.5 mm needle.  I had wanted a doormat and ended up making a runner for the kitchen. Oh, well. It’s cushy and I like it.
2 strands of brown Fisherman’s wool for the dark stripes, 1 strand each of brown and natural/undyed for the marl stripes. I don’t think food stains will show. ;-)

8 row/4 ridge stripes, carrying the unused yarn along the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.