Wednesday, October 01, 2014

High-country fall colors

Bad Dad and Iris flew out to Colorado to visit me for a long weekend during Rosh Hashanah.  Bad Dad went hiking on Thursday while I worked and Iris did her homework in a conference room near my office.  Friday, we drove up Boulder canyon and along Peak to Peak highway to Estes Park, stopping for a short hike at Wild Basin.
Near Estes Park, Colorado

Near Allenspark

Trailside between the Wild Basin Trailhead in RMNP towards Calypso Cascades.
Happy New Year.

I have to do a little bit of mommy blogging/bragging.  I heard that Iris' math teacher needed to miss a day of class.  He left detailed notes for the substitute teacher, but the sub didn't know math well enough to understand them.  Iris read the notes and taught the class how to graph piecewise functions and determine left and right limits.

I congratulated her on understanding continuity well enough to teach it, but she informed me that continuity had nothing to do with it.  Fellow math majors will know why that is funny.

5 comments:

  1. I was hiking at Wild Basin on Friday.. ha. It was pretty up there.
    here are my pictures/report, a bit heavy on the flyfisherfolk geekery,
    http://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49181

    Good for Iris !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really pretty. And you know I don't mind geeking out.

      Delete
  2. Iris looks just like you in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris says that she never has fantasies about being switched at birth and having a real family out there somewhere. She says it is obvious she could only come from us.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! I am so missing fall colors. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.